About this journey
A great day full of emotions! First, we will go on a 1-day trip from the Tatra Mountains to the Pieniny National Park, where we will experience the unique attraction – traditional rafting on the Dunajec river with on wooden rafts. A real rafter will take care of your safety, and surprise you with legends about this place.
After rafting on these wooden rafts to Szczawnica, there will be a 1-hour lunch break. Szczawnica is famous for its delicious freshwater trout.
On the way back we will also stop in Niedzica, to visit the local castle from the fourteenth century – known from the Polish TV series “Janosik”.
After returning to Zakopane, we have some free time to meet again in the evening while having fun at the Highlander’s Feast in the Chocholowska Valley. On the outdoor stage, one of the best bands in Zakopane will make great fun come to life. During the whole event, there will also be delicious regional food.
FOLK DAY PROGRAM
- 08:00 – Meeting in the center of Zakopane (ul. Nowotarska 27B, Mountain office)
- 08:30 – Departure from Zakopane
- around. 09:30 – Arrival and starting the Traditional Rafting on the Dunajec River
- around. 11:45 – arriving at Szczawnica – free time
- 13:00 – Departure from Szczawnica
- 13:45 – 15:00 – Visiting the Castle in Niedzica
- 16:00 – Arrival in Zakopane
- 18:30 – Meeting in the center of Zakopane in the Mountain office
- 19:00 – 22:00 – 3-hour Highlander’s Feast with catering in the Chocholowska Valley
Compare and pick your perfect trip
|Traditional rafting down the Dunajec river|
|Entrance to the Pieninski National Park|
|3h Highlander's Feast in the Chocholowska Valley|
Join us on Instagram
What you need to know?
- Transfers from Zakopane and back
- Helpful driver
- Ticket for Traditional rafting on the Dunajec river
- Admission ticket to the PPN
- 3h Highlander’s Feast
- Catering by the fire during the Feast
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
PLACE OF MEETING
Before each trip, we meet in the city center in the Mountain office (ul. Nowotarska 27B). You should appear 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Purchased ticket guarantees the performance of services for both parties and is equivalent to booking seats for a specific day. The event of cancellation by a customer makes the ticket fee not refundable.
- The failure of the customer to appear on assigned time and the place stated in the ticket makes the ticket fee not refundable.
- ticket sales point - ul. Staszica 3 (at Krupowki street)
- Mountain sales office - ul. Nowotarska 27B
How to get to our office?
Selling point at Krupowki street
If you want to purchase a trip or have additional questions, please visit our sales point on Krupowki street. When you are standing on the upper Krupowki street near the pond, look down the street, there will be a street to your right. Our office is on this street - (ul. Staszica 3).
MOUNTAIN.pl - Office, sales point and meeting point before the trip
In the very center of the city (ul. Nowotarska 27b) is our office MOUNTAIN.pl (modern, glass container at the roundabout. It is where we meet before each trip.